Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Putting Mommy in Timeout

It's not that I've been bad, per se. But I'm on the brink of a meltdown that might be comparable to one of Eleni's fits when we take away her bubble wand.

So my husband has sent me away for the week. Yes, ladies, a week. This was actually my birthday present from last year that I had completely given up hope in being able to coordinate. But then Gene had two weeks off work, so Nash is with me and Gene is home with the girls. Did I marry a gem or what?!

My destination of choice: Laramie, Wyoming. I haven't been back since I left and am eager to see family and friends that have endured nearly three long years of neglect from the Corsons. It was a toss up between here and my beloved Seattle, but family won out this trip.... especially since I hope to be visiting Seattle in June for Gene's graduation.

What's the agenda? Sleep when Nash sleeps. Exercise. Reconnect with family. Recharge. Racquetball. And sit on my pet-pet and enjoy doing nothing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky!!! James has 2 ear infections and a nasty cold, Jasmine is getting that same cold, and Reuben is in Scottsdale until Friday! I'm about ready to have a melt down!

Anonymous said...

This is Denny. Only you would pick Laramie. But Dionne was excited to see you and Nash (although we've given up on ever seeing Eleni). Just got word that I have another Hong Kong trip coming up the end of March. You could of done that in a week!

Britni said...

Oh wish I could have been there. You were the only person I know who could compete with me in rball!