Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 3 : Crashing on Newton V

Nash and I spent a lot of our time headquartered at Newton V's house. The first real shock was the difference between Nash and Tylin. Although they are only a month apart, Nash is double her size. Carrying Tylin is like having a baby kitten on your shoulder. Then picking up Nash afterward is like an anchor. I immediately have thoughts of little Jack-Jack at the end of The Incredibles when he turns into lead and he and Syndrome plummet to the earth.Tiego was adorable. It was fun to see him in his element... That kid has got some major coordination. He picked up on a new Wii golf game within a few tries. He'd have me beat any day, any game. Oh, and thanks for the basketball tips, Tiegs!
Tiffany is the best! I really cherished the raw time that we had together. Our greatest bonding moments: shopping, nursing and burping newborns at all hours of the night, sanitizing and re-sanitizing the home from flu germs, and our pumping party. Thanks for a great time, Tif!
And of course I relished in some one-on-one with my favorite little brother. He picked me up from the airport on Monday, and we hardly stopped talking to breathe the entire way home. It is really fun having taken similar business classes (although he's WAY ahead of me now) so we can discuss our crazy world with similar backgrounds. That final 45 minutes of being educated on the ins and outs of Enron will not easily be forgotten.

Thanks to a brave Tiffany who managed the two newborns and Tiego, Kody and I got to go head to head on the racquetball ball court. Kody, being the gracious brother that he is, let me come off conqueror... Of course, he's only played the sport a few times, so I guess I had the advantage. And, oh, how I miss the Half Acre gym... all those darling girls running on around in bras who spend all day at the gym because they have nothing else to do but flirt with the guys there. It's entirely different walking into there as a mom of three as opposed to a little college freshman. Let's just say I really felt 30 that day.

Anyway, I loved spending time with the Newton V-ers. Thanks so much for the laughs!

No comments: