- Yes, Michelle Leavitt is the SuperMom that taught me this trick. Thanks, Michelle!
- No, you can't taste the spinach as long as you don't over do it.
- Usually I just use what I have around to put in the smoothies, but pineapple, ice, and banana, and a handful or two of spinach are my staples. A lot of times I keep a can of pineapple in the frig so it's cold, and I freeze bananas that are getting too old to eat and use those. Beyond that, I might add orange juice, frozen grapes, apple juice, frozen strawberries, fruit cocktail, canned peaches or mandarin oranges, or whatever you have around! But just pineapple, bananas, ice, apple juice, and spinach taste delicious.
- If you add any red fruits (i.e. strawberries, raspberries, possibly apples) it can make the smoothie turn brown. One might look at it and be grossed out, but it tastes great! My vote is to help your kids embrace the new look with a little creativity. Try throwing in some gummy worms and call it the "Momma's Mudslide."
- Also, I can't overemphasize the health benefits of spinach. Voted as one of CookingNook.com's Top Ten Healthiest Foods, spinach is a nutritional powerhouse. It's packed with calcium, Vitamins C, A, and E, fiber, folic acid, magnesium, folate, flavonoids, lutein, and potassium--to name a few.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Comment Response on the Smoothies
Comment Response:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Forget the prenatal vitamins....bring on the spinich shake!!! :)
Post a Comment