We were all geared up to bless Nash at church on December 28th when we received a phone call that the Church had flooded and church was canceled for the day. Talk about being all dressed up with nowhere to go! Gene's dad and Celia were in town for the holidays, as was my dad, and so we were disappointed to have to postpone Nash's special day. Thankfully, the bishop authorized us to bless Nash at Brandon and Amy's house, so 23 family members squeezed into B & A's living room to witness Nash's blessing!
We sang an opening hymn that set the tone for the meeting. Following, Nash Anthony was blessed that he would be attuned to the trials of others and serve as a strength to uplift them, that he would have a soft heart and would learn to recognize the Holy Spirit's promptings, that he would be able to discern good from evil and have an affinity for good, and that he would help his mother and sisters know their worth as daughters of God. Also included in the blessing were opportunities to serve a mission and marry a righteous woman in the temple.
I am so blessed to have a husband who holds the Lord's Priesthood and is able to offer our son these blessings through that Priesthood.
(By the way, if any of you 23 family members remember more details of this blessing or more correct wording, PLEASE tell me!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
My son was older when we blessed him, so we didn't do it during sacrament either! However, the stake center hadn't flooded so we used the Relief Society room. My husband has about 35 relatives that live in town! I'm so happy that you had friends and family in town for such a wonderful event!
Cute pictures, I love the little outfit! I can't believe how big everyone is getting in the pictures, JD and Addie are miniature versions of Jack and Celia! What a sweet blessing, I'm sure that Nash will be a sweet little boy!
Oh how cute is he!!!
I'm glad it all worked out. You look so pretty.
I can't wait to see you again sometime.
I heard Gene got ticket to ride for Christmas..
Kori! How are you girl! I found you off Kaysi's blog (which I found on Bert's blog!!!) It's been too long! Look at your beautiful family! Wow! What a wonderful and special day that was...even if the church got flooded! It's so good to see your family. We have a blog too...you'll have to come check it out! Take care and I hope this new year is great for you!
I have NO idea how you do all that you do with your 3 small children, but I am sure glad you keep publishing this blog! I love it! You do such a professional job too . . . just like your scrapbooking! Thank you for all you do to keep in touch and keep us up to date on the kids! I love ya! Celia
Post a Comment