Sunday, January 11, 2009

Spreading the Love

Cledi was in her usual spot for sacrament meeting today--in her wheelchair next to me, who was seated in the pew. To pass me the sacrament, the deacon put the bread in front of Cledi's face. As I was taking a piece, Cledi went "HA-CHOO!" and planted a huge, juicy sneeze point blank onto the bread. I was beat red, but I couldn't help but smile and giggle as I buried my face. Whaddya do?

3 comments:

Belkycita said...

I'll tell you when I stop laughing :-)

Cailean said...

I LOVE the title of the post. I think the bread was even more blessed after the sneeze. I love your blog!

CM Corson said...

Oh I feel for you! When J.D. and Addie were still pretty little, we were in Sacrament Meeting in Laramie. One of them (can't remember which one now) drank only a small amount of their water from the cup, and then proceeded to "dribble" the remaining water (that I am sure they had backwashed in) across a whole bunch of cups in the tray. The Bishopric were dying of laughter on the stand and we were mortified! And reverence was out the door! But I like the last comment . . . . I bet both the water then and the bread the other day were "even more blessed!" Love, CC