Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Cinder-eleni!

"I get to go bye-bye in my Cinderella dress?!"

Eleni was elated to go do a photo shoot on her birthday. She spun and twirled through the stores. As people would tell her what a lovely princess she was, she would very daintily bow her head and thank them. The other little girls gave the best reaction: "Look, mom! Is she Cinderella? Do you see? Look! Look!"

Eleni is actually quite clueless about smiling for a camera, but these smiles were absolutely spontaneous and genuine. She was glowing with excitement!
My Sweet Eleni,

You are our dessert in life. You sparkle when you put a princess dress on, and flit off on your tiptoes. You are scarily aware of boys. Whether it's your cousin Bryce at the door, your little friend Brighton, or the 60-yr old plumber, you grab a dress and start to bat your eyes. But you love your daddy most. Every time your daddy hugs me, you get incredibly jealous. When he reminds you that he is married to your mommy, you scream, "Nooooooooooo!" in betrayal.

Your imagination entertains us from sun-up to sundown.... you pretend to be Superman (and rub my back because Superman helps people feel better), a ballerina, princesses, a baby (she likes us to hold her while she drinks her milk), a musician (she seems to find "flutes" everywhere), and anything rectangular on the ground is her magic carpet and she promptly asks, "Do you trust me?"

You have a keen memory. We get library books and, after a only few times through it, you can finish the sentence on every page. And you know all of the words to Cledi's music--before I do even! From Trouble (Nevershoutnever), to Grace Kelly (MIKA), to Veggie Tales, to the Lime in the Coconut, you chime in. You also love to do your word flash cards and can recognize at least 50 words.

You are flirting with the idea of potty training. But it'll only happen when you are ready for it to happen. Today you managed 4 successful potty trips, and I love that look of pride on your face when you finish.

Thank you for the amazing joy you bring to our lives. It is a blessing to be your mother.

I love you,
Mommy

7 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I think we missed her b-day party! :( I have a gift for her, I'll give it to you on Sunday. Sorry, I totally spaced it.

P.S. She looks so beautiful in her princess dress!

Kaysi said...

Kori she is just gorgeous! She looked so pretty in her dress and her hair looks so good! She seems like she just has a fun personality. Happy Birthday to Eleni!

Wastlund Family said...

She is Beautiful! What a clever and fun picture shoot!

Kimberly said...

My goodness!! What a little beauty! Sounds like she had a great day! We love you guys!

Carrie said...

Those pictures are absolutely precious!! She truely looks like a princess!

Britni said...

Awww happy birthday Eleni. She looks so cute in her lovely little princess dress. Think she'll ever grow out of the girly girl phase? I hope not. We've got too many boys in this family already.

The Fischer Family said...

Be still my heart! Oh my goodness gracious, she is a beauty! What a great idea to capture this precious moment in time! Happy Birthday Eleni!