Saturday, September 19, 2009

No Sweat

Ha, ha. Yeah, right!

But we did it! What an awesome morning! Bryce, Downi, and I headed out early for a half marathon at the Air Force Base. We waited on the off-ramp for an hour, and had to hustle like mad to get onto to the shuttle, past the throngs, and to the starting line. I think I was tired before I started...But we all finished! We met our goals (to finish, to not walk, etc.) and enjoyed all of the great sights and sounds of a marathon. It was so much fun to be in an environment so charged with positive energy!I would even go as far as to say that Downi and I exceeded our expectations! We pushed each other through the first 10 miles, and then branched off at the end.
Some friends/co-workers of Downi hooked us up with a sponsor--so we didn't even have to pay for the race. So this is our group of gals.
Proud momma and sick-of-pictures-I-wanna-go-home son!
Bryce did AMAZING! He finished 16 minutes under his goal time! He was feeling great until he got too excited about the free food tent afterward. A few slices of pizza, few bagel halves, and a lot of drinks later, Bryce wasn't feeling so hot. He's going to go home and sleep it off for a bit.
...the very hungry caterpillar...

11 comments:

Newton 5 said...

What were everyone's times? Wow, who knew running would be so fun?!?

Cailean said...

GREAT JOB!!!! You are my hero! I've finally been able to get back into running since I have just two at home during the day and I missed it so much. I would love to get so good as to be able to do this!! In my dreams!!

Belkycita said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!
You are so amazing Kori, and how in the world do you manage to look that good after running for so long?!!

Liz said...

That's awesome! I'm glad you had such a fun time on your run. It's great to have friends who support you. CONGRATS!

Britni said...

Congrats Kori!! I'm so glad everyone did so well. I want to know what your times are just so I know if I can ever run with you guys :)

Dennis said...

Good work Ohio newts (aka corfish). Did Bryce get under 2:00 hours? Brennen seemed to handle it okay (2:03); easily accelerating at the end. Something cool about having young legs. Britni and are talking about a Southern race this Winter if you're interested.

The Fish's said...

Thanks for posting these! Will you send them to me! Kori could have ran the 1/2 a LOT faster if she wasn't waiting for her Fat (at least I'm trying to get off my butt) sister! Thanks for being my running partner in crime! You are awesome!

The Fish's said...

I have to brag that Bryce ran it in 1 hr 44 min without having ran since the end of July! We both are still limping....

Kori said...

Actually, Bryce ran it in 1:42:07 to be exact.

Sarah said...

Congrats, Kori! You are awesome. I can't BELIEVE that is Bryce!! I can't remember the last time I saw him, but HOLY COW! I sometimes forget how much people age when I don't seen them!

D.B. said...

Was this in Dayton at the Wright Patterson base? I did that marathon in 05' That's craziness if it's the same one.