Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9.9.09

My amazing blogger niece had this idea, and I loved it so much, I'm going to pretend she tagged me.

To celebrate 9/9/09, she listed 9 things she did today, 9 things she'll do this month, and 9 things she hopes she'll do by the end of 2009. So here goes.

9 Things I Did Today:
  1. Bought 40 boxes of cereal for approximately $25.
  2. Got one of Cledi's care providers hooked on using coupons.
  3. Hit a wall by 10:27 a.m.
  4. Stole enough time for a 14 minute nap with Gene until Cledi's bus arrived.
  5. Pulled out fall/winter clothes from the garage for each kid.
  6. Washed fall/winter clothes for each kid.
  7. Vacuumed the curry powder out of my bedroom carpet (thanks, Eleni!)
  8. Had a phone interview for the State Waiver Program for Cledi (it doesn't look promising).
  9. Made each of my children smile (and cry, but I'm not focusing on that...).
9 Things I'll Do in September
  1. Find a place in my house for 40 boxes of cereal.
  2. Run my first half marathon ever.
  3. Hire and train a fourth care provider.
  4. Make the rounds to at least 8 doctor appointments.
  5. Be grateful for insurance.
  6. Do a trial day of eyeglasses on Cledi so I can officially tell her ophthalmologist that there's no way.
  7. Fill out more applications for the State Waiver Program for Cledi.
  8. Get my two girls all decked-out for a Daddy/Daughter dance.
  9. Enjoy Nash's first crawl.
9 Things I Hope I Do by the End of 2009.
  1. Have survived 6 months of residency.
  2. Find my cookbooks in the mass of unpacked boxes. And my jewelry. And Cledi's iPod.
  3. Buy a piano.
  4. Develop relationships with inspiring individuals.
  5. Bring the number of children in diapers from 3 down to 2.
  6. Get involved in setting up a preschool co-op for Eleni.
  7. Get our family through the H1N1 season intact.
  8. Find a way to manage all of the household affairs so that when Gene is home, we can just enjoy him.
  9. Survive. I think it may require an extra dose of my attention.

5 comments:

Kaysi said...

You bought 40 boxes, wow! I bought 30 and I thought I was crazy. We had a little couponing 101 at our playgroup, I'm trying to get people hooked :)

The Fischer Family said...

Yeah...more people who love coupons as much as I do! I am addicted to saving money! Who knew it could be so much fun right?!?!? I loved your list...thanks for sharing!

Britni said...

haha I'm glad everyone is addicted to coupons. I definitely am :) And glad everyone jumped in on the half-marathon train too.

Belkycita said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!
when we go visit I will have to buy your cereal, here costs as much as $8 per box. I am making real breakfast now.
You can cross off the relationship with inspiring people, you've known me for long enough ;-)
J/K

Cailean said...

This sounds like a good idea just for organization's sake. I love your goals. We definitely share the "H1N1" goal. I am impressed Cledi has an iPod!