Thursday, September 3, 2009

Atta-Girl

I don't do much that makes me proud of myself. But today was different.

Today I'm giving myself an atta-girl.

In preparation for our first upcoming half-marathon, my sister, Downi, and I hit the gym for our long run. I did 10 miles in 100 minutes! That is by far the furthest I have ever run (and ever wanted to run). Granted, it was on a treadmill, so I don't know if it really counts--but I don't really care. I ran 10 miles. And I'm feeling pretty excited about that.

And Downi gets big kudos as well. Thanks for putting me up to this, Downi!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! Go Kori!

Kaysi said...

That's awesome Kori! I'm so impressed that you have just decided to do this and are doing it! Well done

Aleena said...

Wow! 10 miles is VERY impressive! Great job!

Britni said...

Nice job. When is the half? Just take it slow and you guys will be just fine. Next time I hope you're running with us!

Brent and Rachel Izu said...

Way to go! Good luck next week. Let me know when you want to play racquetball again

Cailean said...

You are my hero! I have wanted to get back into running but haven't been able to until this school year when I'm down to two during the day. I'd love to know how you did it!