Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Children make holidays even better!

On Saturday, the family went to two Easter egg hunts. Cledi loved being pushed around on the long grass that needed to be mowed because it made it nice and bumpy. Nash loved trying to get the plastic egg into his mouth before it slipped out again and again. I loved watching Leni hunt for eggs, open them immediately, and stuff the candy into her already-full mouth. She's never been on such a sugar high! She's pretty sheltered when it comes to sweets (mostly because mom and dad want it all for themselves), and I'm sad to say that she has finally learned the word "candy." As long as she doesn't know the word for something, she doesn't ask obsessively for it.

Darn.

Now church was a different story. Apparently, Eleni doesn't hold her sugar well. She was really on one this morning during sacrament meeting. Between Cledi having a sad morning, Nash being hungry but not wanting to eat (he's teething), and Eleni just being a typical two-year old, we provided a lot of entertainment for the ward this morning.

Nevertheless, you can't go to church on Easter Sunday and not be inspired by the Christ-centered lessons and talks. I'm so grateful that He lives and is available to comfort and strengthen us in our times of sorrow.

7 comments:

Kaysi said...

Sounds like a fun easter! I'm kids have been "on one" since Friday with all the sugar. I can't believe that Nash is teething and sitting up already, he's getting so big! They all looked so cute in there outfits.

Liz said...

Eleni's dress is simply adorable! Easter is so fun when you have little girls. I remember almost every dress my mom made me for Easter. What a great time!

Happy Easter!!

Kimberly said...

Happy Easter to you!! Those are great pics of the kids! I can't believe how big everyone is getting...Nash sitting up and teething!! Eleni and Cledi are just adorable! Love you guys!

Sarah said...

Happy Easter! I'm glad you had such a fun time. Forrest doesn't get much candy from me...he sure does from his grandma Sherry! We didn't even have any candy at our house for Easter...I gave him a puzzle and we hunted for eggs... over and over and over again!

Anna Beal said...

Your girls look so cute in those pictures! I'm glad you had a good Easter...despite the Sunday moodiness.

Lindsey said...

I love the pict of Nash with the eggs. Eleni's dress is so cute. Did she feel like a princess? Cledi looks like she is really enjoying the egg hunt. Your family is just so beautiful. Happy Easter.
Did Eleni stand up on the pew and loudly exclaim "To infinity and beyond!" during one of the Easter talks in Sacrament meeting? - That would be Sam

The Fish's said...

I can't wait to sit with you during sacrament meeting. It will keep my teenagers awake! We just need an excuse to play with babies, and we think it's cute when they aren't reverent because they are not ours!