With the release of "Tangled" on DVD, I'm finally posting some pics of Eleni's Rapunzel party... I'm way overdue, but I figure at least more people have seen the movie now so they'll understand the theme a little better. Well, that's my excuse at least.

I gotta admit, I had a BLAST putting this party together. However, Eleni's party was just 14 hours before I left for Hawaii, and it was C-r-a-z-y with a capital C! There were far more important things for me to be doing that week, but I just really wanted to throw this party... not just for Eleni. For me too!
But I simply wasn't ready for it. The week (not only was I preparing myself and the kids for me to be on vacation and throwing a party, but we'd had 4 different doctor appointments that week and had just scheduled Gene for Lasik for the next morning, and I hadn't packed yet for Hawaii, and I knew there would be a ton of clean up and.... well, I'll stop there. This post is just about the party). Needless to say, it was nuts. I was seriously frosting the cake as people were arriving, which was soooo disappointing because I had a really great plan for the cake. As it was, it barely got frosting on it. :( But such is life. Eleni got a party, and I caught the plane to Hawaii.
I gotta admit, I had a BLAST putting this party together. However, Eleni's party was just 14 hours before I left for Hawaii, and it was C-r-a-z-y with a capital C! There were far more important things for me to be doing that week, but I just really wanted to throw this party... not just for Eleni. For me too!
But I simply wasn't ready for it. The week (not only was I preparing myself and the kids for me to be on vacation and throwing a party, but we'd had 4 different doctor appointments that week and had just scheduled Gene for Lasik for the next morning, and I hadn't packed yet for Hawaii, and I knew there would be a ton of clean up and.... well, I'll stop there. This post is just about the party). Needless to say, it was nuts. I was seriously frosting the cake as people were arriving, which was soooo disappointing because I had a really great plan for the cake. As it was, it barely got frosting on it. :( But such is life. Eleni got a party, and I caught the plane to Hawaii.

So we kicked off the party with me calling, "Rapunzel, Rapunzel! Let down your hair!" which she joyfully responded to...
...and after attempting to scale the castle wall, I decided it best to just send her first present up to her, a new Rapunzel dress from her grandparents.


...and then Rapunzel joined the other villagers for the Annual Festival.
until they were blue in the face.
Finally each villager had a chance to let their hair down from the tower and receive a special prize (Dollar store headbands with long hair for the girls and Dollar store armor for the boys).












5 comments:
ok,...mmmmmmmmmmmm............hummmmmmmmmm.......ahhh.....
Thanks for leaving me speechless!!!
if you know me at all, that is nearly IMPOSSIBLE!
and HAWAII?!!!!!
come swing by whileyou are at it ;-)
AMAZING!!! I'm so impressed, it looked like so much fun!
Wow, what a fun birthday! One I am sure she will remember forever! What a lucky little girl!
What an awesome party!! I think you should be an event coordinator...I'd def hire you!
Ok! Holy Smokes! That was amazing! A dream birthday party for any little girl. If I showed Katie she'd want to come live with you forever.
Post a Comment