We waited in line for over an hour for a horse ride at a Fall Festival tonight. Eleni got on the first horse, and Nash and I climbed onto the one behind her. When she got off, we were still a minute or so away. She panicked that I wasn't there and started running into the pasture. A man caught her about 6 feet in and grabbed her and pulled her back to keep her safe. She screamed and screamed for me and started kicking and throwing the biggest fit. How embarrassed I am, I thought.
When I got to her just one minute later, she was all sobs. In between her breaths she explained, "Mom, I didn't have my safe-side adult, and then the man took me away, and I screamed in my loudest, strongest voice, 'THAT'S NOT MY MOM! THAT'S NOT MY DAD!'"
Although heartbroken for her at first, it was quickly replaced with gratitude that she "gets" it. How proud I am, I thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WOW!!
She is a TOUGH little girl.... just like you Kori!!
you guys are both doing a great job at parenting, wish we could be next door again to get some tips.
Wow! How scary...but how awesome to know that she does know what to do if it was a real emergency!
Post a Comment