
To celebrate Gene's graduation from Medical School, we decided to splurge on a dinner at the Melting Pot. I was going for "memorable", so I wanted to try someplace new.
We had a fabulous dinner. We stuffed ourselves with marvelous food. Then we stuffed ourselves even more with the chocolate fondue. Then one of the workers brought out a little smoothie and told us it was leftover and we could have it. "It takes kind of like Thin Mint cookies." That's all she said.
So I start sucking it down. I've always been a sucker for free stuff. Gene finally gets a sip in, and just looks up and laughs. He then informs me that there is alcohol in that drink. Doh. There went my alcohol virginity. I felt so violated. And then I felt nauseated. And of course Gene and I just had to laugh the whole night about it.
My parting thoughts on the evening?
1. I'm not in Idaho anymore.
2. Memorable is maybe not the best goal for an evening.
2. You know you're old when a bartender hands you a drink, and not only does she not ID you, she doesn't even mention that it's got alcohol in it!

7 comments:
Adorable shoes!!!
Hahaha!!! so, do you have to sincerely repent?
I was 16 and working at Burger King. I was in the back hanging out with one of the managers late in the shift and somebody had BK cup with orange soda in it. Just joking around, I grabbed it and took a big long drink. The manager looked at me and said "I thought you don't drink." Very similar story as to how I had my first drink. Denny
Pretty sure anytime someone gives you a drink after dinner (out of Idaho or Utah), it's not going to be virgin.
What a way to really celebrate! I would have been so mad!!! I mean, what if you were pregnant or something? I hope it at least tasted good for that brief second. You look absolutely stunningly gorgeous, Kori!
So you laughed the rest of the night... is that because you were a little tipsy :D. By the way, I love the dress, you look great!
WOW! You look amazing.
If it is any consolation . . . I'd have been just as naive and done the same thing!
I want a copy of that photo! All I can say about the photo is, “Wow!!” No wonder you attracted the attention of someone with a drink to give away! Love, Celia
Post a Comment