Sunday, April 29, 2012

Surpassing Me...

So today it officially happened.

I was loading the kids up to go home, urging them to hurry to get home to our care provider.  I explained, "It's rude to be late when someone is waiting on us."  Eleni ponders this on the way home and asks, "Kind of like with King Saul and Samuel?"

I pause, trying not to let on that I have no clue what she is talking about.

"And the sacrifice and he couldn't be the King anymore?"

Something is vaguely coming to mind.  "What happened then, Eleni?"

"Oh, Mom.  You know!"

But I really don't.

So Eleni proceeds to tell me the story of King Saul not waiting for Samuel to do the sacrifice and asks again, "So was Samuel rude to keep King Saul waiting?"  I just laughed.

Eleni reads the Old Testament/New Testament story books during sacrament meeting, and I knew at some point she'd know the stories better than I do. She amazes me.  Not only does she know the stories, she applies them in day to day life in completely logical ways.

I think I'll have her teach my Young Women at church for me next week.

No comments: