Thursday, February 17, 2011

Eleni's Preschool

A group of friends and I are doing a Preschool Co-op for our kiddos, and I cherish the days that are mine to teach the children. (Grant it, I also cherish the days when the other gals teach cuz it's a great break!) I've realized how well you actually have to know something to teach it to a 3 year old. And I realized I didn't know nearly enough interesting things about Beethoven, Marco Polo, Florence Nightingale, Christopher Columbus, and other historical celebrities that have had a spotlight this year.

Favorite Quotes from Preschool

During the Unit on Music:

Eleni, pretending to be Beethoven: Ms. Kori, do you know how my song goes? It begins with a "D".

Me: Ummmm....

Eleni: Da-da-da DUM! (In the tune of Beethoven's Fifth) 1/11


Jackson, as I explained about composing music: Once I started to write a song in a notebook... and then I just started to write my name. 1/11

Mom: Those men were presidents, just like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
Eleni: And like Yankee Doodle? 3/11


Andrew, during snacktime: I want to eat more and more and get fat--so I can be a daddy! 10/10


Eleni, a few days after the Music Unit: Mommy... I don't want Nash to be screaming. I don't want to go deaf like Beethoven! 1/11

Eleni: Mom, I don't want to live in the arctic. (Bundled in a coat heading in to a store.) 2/11



Eleni's First Day of Preschool September 2010


Unit on Health and Florence Nightingale




Jackson is determining just how stressed I am about these four 3-yr olds in my house.



Eleni LOVES going to Ms. Damara's house. So does Nash, however, and he's always very sad when we drop her off and he doesn't get to go. So Nash and I try and spend some good time together on those days (shopping at the Kohl's nearby counts as quality time, right?)

4 comments:

Belkycita said...

She is SO grown up!!
and man your classes look super fun and interesting :-)

The Fischer Family said...

Oh my gosh! So funny! I don't know how they come up with some of this stuff but it's hilarious!

Brent and Rachel Izu said...

So fun! Thanks for posting the pictures and comments.

Jenny said...

hello. hi. you're family is so adorable! I mean, really now. Cuuuute. I realize you are asking yourself, "Who is this person?" Allow to me answer that burning question. So, i came across your blog because an elder you served with...i'm friends with his wife -- do you remember Ryan Layton? -- she showed me your blog. I, too, have a special needs daughter and wanted to talk to you about something. If you could email me, that would be great:) Thanks.

~ Jenny


jeanettegreen@gmail.com
http://marcusandjenny@gmail.com