(adapted from Goodnight, Moon)
Goodbye, summer.
Goodbye, pool.
Goodbye, ducks swimming in the pool.
Goodbye, balls.
Goodbye, falls.
Goodbye, long walks.
Goodbye, sidewalk chalks
Goodbye, waterfall.
Goodbye, swings.
Goodbye, beach volleyball.
Goodbye, melon.
Goodbye, Eleni helping Nash to more melon.
Goodbye, coaster craze.
Goodbye, lazy days.
We rested from our every care.
Goodbye, summer everywhere.
Goodbye, pool.
Goodbye, ducks swimming in the pool.
Goodbye, falls.
Goodbye, long walks.
Goodbye, waterfall.
Goodbye, swings.
Goodbye, beach volleyball.Goodbye, Eleni helping Nash to more melon.
Goodbye, coaster craze.We rested from our every care.

Goodbye, summer everywhere.

6 comments:
for a while I was thinking, "why good-bye? the good weather is just starting!!"
Then I realized summer is ending for everyone but us over here in the East.
I made your pasta primavera two days ago and thought about our weekly dinners together.
That was fun! I'm all for goodbye summer and hello fall!!! :)
I love it Kori! Very well written! :) I'll have to show it to my kids! They'll LOVE it!
So cute Kori! I love fall so I'm saying bring it on!!! But that was an adorable tribute to summer!
That was beautiful!
This is Sarah Dike ... Kori, did you put your book into an actual book? I hope so... your kids and posterity will love it!
Post a Comment