
Downi threw a big (and I mean a
40+ teenager kind of big) surprise party for Kaid's 16th birthday last weekend.... He was definitely surprised when he opened the door and got tackled and mauled by his friends. It was great fun to watch them jumping on the trampoline in the rain, having a dance-off, and attacking the food like a swarm of bees.

The party had a monkey-boy theme (Kaid's nickname). My contribution to the party was this cake of a monkey holding cymbals (Kaid brought new meaning to being a cymbal player in drumline this year). Inspired by my great friend, Belky, I tried (and failed) using fondant for the first time. I hope to try (and preferably not fail) it again sometime soon.

I've really enjoyed "splurging" and working on projects like this recently. They are probably not the most important things for me to spend time on right now, but it sure feels good to
finish something.
3 comments:
Kori, that cake is adorable! What do you mean you failed at the fondant? If that is the cake with fondant it looks pretty darn good to me!
I like your creative side--it is important to be able to create something, because when it is finished it is done and appreciated. Not like housework that is never done. What a darling idea and culmination of that idea!
What did you failed at?!
That cake is AWESOME!!! I LOVE it! I couldn't be so creative, I copy things you create them. Love the bananas, they are a nice touch.
As for your sister, way to go!!! fun idea and it sounds like super well executed.
Post a Comment