I swam my first mile last night with my sister, Downi, who has inspired me to train for a triathlon. I thought I was going to enjoy swimming as a form of exercise a lot more than I did. Sure, I felt great afterward, but it was pretty much torture in the pool.
Some people say the pool is their relaxing, quiet time where they can think. All I could think about was the next breath. And that is not very relaxing.
On the flip side, it felt great to push myself further in a new way. I swam with Downi about a month ago, and only made it 8 laps or so before I had to alternate freestyle with breaststroke. But she gave me a few pointers, and I was able to do the entire mile freestyle yesterday.
We can simply do more than we think we can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are AMAZING, I can't say more, I'm sorry. You just amaze me every time I read this neglected blog of yours.
Love you Kori, would you please move next door?! We need doctors here.
Yea for Kori! You are awesome! I want to be like you when I grow up!!! LOL!
Awesome. I swam with Downi at the reunion, and I loved the feeling of strength in my arms but no I still am not extremely relaxed.
Post a Comment